Free VSTi : Kern by Full Bucket Music !
Full Bucket Music has released Kern, a efficient freeware virtual analogue synthesizer VSTi plugin which was configured to be fully controllable by a range of regular MIDI controller keyboards.
Kern (as opposed to pretty much all virtual instruments there) is assembled specifically in such a manner to be fully controllable by most standard MIDI controller keyboard models (for illustration, it is 100% compatible with my inexpensive M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 keyboard). It comes with a feature set which should make it possible to control every individual parameter of the synthesis engine with a MIDI controller. The plugin also includes 2 alternative user panels, with varying amounts of on-screen sliders and knobs.
Tthe developer has included 2 distinguishable zero-delay feedback low-pass filter types, a standard fresh sounding 1 and a nice dirty filter which distorts quite easily and sounds very good on every sorts of bass and lead patches. Other than that, Kern packs a couple of oscillators with hard sync and FM, volume and filter envelopes , an LFO module, a built-in chorus effect and an additional set of modulation amount controls.
Main features are:
- Streamlined to be used with MIDI keyboard controllers;
all parameters can be controlled by MIDI CC
- MIDI Learn
- Two alternative user panels
- 32 voices polyphony including portamento
- Two band-limited oscillators including Hard Sync
- 4-pole zero-delay feedback lowpass filter (two types)
- Two envelopes, one LFO
- Chorus effect
- Double precision audio processing
- Plug-in comes in 32 bit and 64 bit versions
- Fully compatible with SM Pro Audio’s V-Machine™